Wolfsburg VW Factory Tours
The VW factory in wolfsburg is home to the VW group headquarters,
covering VW, Audi, SEAT, and Skoda. It is also where the original
bugs were maufactured and where currently the Golf, Golf Variant,
Vento, and Polo are made. The complex covers 8 square kilometers
and emplys some 50,000 people. It is the largest plant under one
roof in the world.
Tours are given daily at 09:30 for large groups of visitors (like
tour buses) and 13:15 for individuals. Doors open for the individual
tours at 12:45. The tour lasts about two hours and is entirely in
German. A brief introduction, however, is provided in English, if
required. The tour consists of introductory remarks and movie, and
a Golf-powered cruise through the factory.
who toured in the summer of '97 tells me they now have English tours as
The tour starts and stops in the main Visitor's Center where there
are coin lockers and a small shop. The prices here are slightly
better than at the museum, although the selection is not as large.
Credit cards are not accepted. The tour itself is free.
To locate the factory/Visitor's Center, find the train station and
follow the signs. Tel. no.: 053 61/9-2 42 70. Enjoy.
Items I found for sale here included:
Please email any updates/comments to
- Concept I Cars: about 30DM for a mdedium-sized model
- 60 Year Bug Anniversary Pins (2.60DM) and Bugs (14.90DM)
- VW Playing Cards
- VW Watches
- Gold (expensive) and Silver (cheaper) VW Tie Tacks (I think I paid about
12DM for the silver one.)
- VW Scarfs and Ties (high - maybe 70DM)
- Lots of Bugs, Type IIs, Golfs and Polos (including the new multi-color
model), Jettas, Passats, and Sharans (a joint venture Van with Ford)
- VW Key Chains: 2.5DM and Up
- Closeout of Pink Floyd Golf Cars
- A noticeable lack of Karmann Ghias and Type III vehicles.
- No books of any kind.
- There was other stuff; I guess this is just most of the stuff I bought!
Return to Wolfsburg Trip page
Return to Scot's page.
Last updated 1Dec97
Wolfsburg Factory Tours/Comments/Questions